Friday 16 January 2009

Where do the qualified go?
















Hi, I’m Leora, Your local unemployed graduate with nothing better to do than write a blog in the hope of entertaining her fellow unemployed graduates and the lucky few who get paid to sit around and stare at other peoples blogs online. Lucky bastards.

So now what to blog about?
Considering my life has spiraled into a world of Xbox, coffee, biscuits and job applications, I don’t really have all that much to talk about. Maybe I should take a moment to think about what has put me into this place I like to refer to as the bottom of the rock… Its fairly dark down here and smells a little bit like the old fat lady you try to avoid making eye contact with behind the counter at your local Tescos.

The reason for my sentence? I’m being punished for thinking that 3 years of hard work and drinking would amount to some sort of career. University is slowly starting to seem like some sort of con created by the alcohol industry to suck young people dry of all their worth and have them shoved into a life time of alcohol related debt. Lets not go into the health related harms of university… my liver and I are happy to live in the La-La land of denial.

Now, after three years of this supposed “education” where can us “educated” types be found? Ah yes, sitting behind counters, standing on shop floors, serving you food or even worse, writing terrible blogs about the life of the unemployed. The one thing that I have thought about over and over is, where do they all go? I rarely meet graduates these days, students yes, but graduates... there must be a secret underground hide-out where they all go and live in a economically stable society.

Don’t get me wrong; I like to be a “glass is half full” sort of person so I’ve decided that we’ll have a positive point of the day. Let me see; ah yes:
On the upside, showering is no longer a necessity.

Anyways, I’ve ranted for long enough so; I’m hoping to start writing these regularly, mainly because staring at walls and wondering how hard I can bash my head against them is starting to ware thin and these should help to pass the time and hopefully keep you fairly entertained. I’m thinking of throwing in some film reviews and youtube links so yeah, go on, subscribe.

Footnote:

Can someone please explain this whole “VAT Reduction” thing to me, I’m not quite understanding how paying 3p less for my underwear and socks is going to make thousands of peoples redundant lives suddenly worth living?

1 comment:

  1. I dont get the VAT thing, but rest assured, it works.
    You have summed up everything i'm feeling at the moment in this one blog. Except not so much Xbox and coffee, but video editing using Windows movie maker (its no final cut i can tell you that!) and alcohol.
    Sigh. Jobless indeed.

    ReplyDelete