Saturday 26 December 2009

The joy of teaching


Being a teacher is not without its perks; I'm sure many teachers will agree. Please do not get me wrong, there are days where I look at the students staring blankly at me or shouting and throwing pieces of their table and think to myself; Why would anyone put themselves through this torture day in day out for the entirety of their lives?

Anyway, the big perk for me is just some of the funny stuff these kids come out with... pure gold. I felt I should share some of these moments with you.



When asking a child to form a sentence using the word "bee."
Student: My mother is not bee......... ..... ?

During a game of scattegories, the letter is R; category is animals: A middle school student yells out with such pride... "RION!" after a short explanation as to why this is wrong whilst his fellow students laugh to themselves, the next category is girls names... once again with pure pride the boy yells "RIORA!!!" His friends next to him crack up and all start shouting L around the room.

"I have many books. In these books I have a diary. The diary is empty. This is because I can't write words. This is because I am dead."
- What I get when I ask middle schoolers to write a story about books.


Teacher: What is bob doing in the living room?
Student: Tv?
Teacher: YES! Watching tv... ok can we make a sentence... Bob *blank* watching tv. Fill the blank...
Student: MONKEY?


^^ yes that is David Beckham giving me a headshot...

Playing a game of word "go fish" and a middle schooler seems to have figured out the basic formula to making words. He throws together "H,E,M,P" I ask him to make a sentence and out of panic he says "Hemp is delicious" I only then let him look the word up on his dictionary at which point whilst trying to hide his face in horror he retracts his previous statement.

Teacher: Who is your best friend? Describe them.
Student: My best friend is Obama, he has black skin and smart and has good character.

I hope you enjoyed these moments as much as I did and remember;


1 comment:

  1. Hilarity!

    My name is Lynette, I am a recent graduate from Toronto and I will be moving to Gimje (.5hr away from Jeonju) in August 2010. I plan on spending as much time as I can in Jeonju and am hoping to make contacts before I leave. =) My email address is lynette.k1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete